What is a Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak?
Before we dive into the recipes, let's first talk about what a Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak is. This cut of meat is a large, thick steak that is cut from the rib section of the cow. The bone is left in, and the steak is cut with a long bone handle, which resembles a tomahawk. The Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak is known for its rich flavor and tenderness, making it a favorite among steak enthusiasts.
- Salt and Pepper: Sometimes the classics are just what we need. Salt and pepper may seem like a simple seasoning option, but they can make for a delicious and satisfying meal. Begin by generously seasoning the steak with salt and pepper, and then grill it to your preferred level of doneness.
Garlic and Herb Butter:
Garlic and herb butter is a perfect match for Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steaks. To make the butter, mix together softened butter, minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper. After grilling the steak, top it with a pat of the garlic and herb butter.
- Red Wine Reduction: A red wine reduction is a classic sauce that pairs perfectly with Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steaks. To make the sauce, heat red wine and beef broth in a saucepan until it reduces by half. Add in minced garlic, fresh thyme, and a pat of butter. Spoon the sauce over the grilled steak.
- Lemon and Herb: A simple but delicious option for Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steaks is to squeeze fresh lemon juice over the steak and sprinkle it with chopped fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika adds a deep and smoky flavor to the steak. Simply sprinkle the steak with smoked paprika before grilling it to your desired level of doneness.
- Coffee and Cocoa Rub: If you're feeling adventurous, try a coffee and cocoa rub for your Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak. Mix together ground coffee, cocoa powder, brown sugar, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt. Rub the mixture onto the steak and grill to your liking. The coffee and cocoa create a deep, smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the steak.
- Chimichurri Sauce: Chimichurri sauce is a vibrant and flavorful option for your Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak. To make the sauce, blend together fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Spoon the sauce over the grilled steak for a burst of fresh and zesty flavor.
- Balsamic Glaze: Balsamic glaze is a delicious and simple way to elevate your Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak. To make the glaze, heat balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan until the mixture thickens. Grill the steak to your preferred level of doneness, and then drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top.
- Blue Cheese Crust: If you're a fan of blue cheese, you'll love this recipe for a Blue Cheese Crusted Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steak. Mix together softened butter, blue cheese crumbles, minced garlic, and chopped fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary. Spread the mixture over the steak and grill to your liking.
- Korean BBQ Rib Steak: This Korean-inspired marinade adds a sweet and savory flavor to your Black Angus Tomahawk Bone-In Rib Steaks. Mix together soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil, and gochujang (Korean chili paste), then marinate the steak for at least an hour before grilling. Grill over high heat until cooked to your liking, then slice and serve with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables.